The photo was taken in September 1919 in front of Strathroy's Armoury. The whole town turned
out to welcome their native son home. We believe another native son, General W B Lindsay is also in the picture standing to
the rear and left of Currie. The Armoury was torn down in the 1960's and replaced by the current library and museum. The eventual
statue of Currie will occupy about the same location as he does in this picture.